Some documents require Adobe Reader and Quicktime Player to view.
You may be unable to access the Pre and Post tests, and may see incomplete or inaccurate information on this site, if your computer has been used previously for the child abuse training and it retains traces from the past. To fix this problem, you must take actions while your web browser is open:
- If using Safari, choose “empty cache” under the Safari icon at the top left of the computer screen.
- If using Firefox, choose “clear private data” under the Tools menu at the top. Place a check mark by all items except “saved passwords” and click on “clear private data now”.
- If using Internet Explorer, “choose Refresh” at the top of the computer screen.
- If using Netscape, choose “Cookie Manager” under the tools menu at the top of the screen. Then choose “block cookies from this site”.
- Click here to complete Pre-Test
- Click on and work through each type of maltreatments: Physical, Psychological, Domestic Violence, Neglect, Abandonment, Threatened Harm, Sexual Abuse, Child on Child Sexual Abuse).
- Click here to view case studies. Choose one case study that corresponds to your school level (Elementary, Middle ,High or Center), or area of practice.
- Print the Case Example Requirement Form and complete it, using the case study that you chose. The Case Example Requirement Form MUST be reviewed and signed by your child abuse designee (District staff, please consult the school Guidance Dept. for the appointed Child Abuse Designee at your school)
- Click here to print the Child Abuse Report Form (4002B) and fill it out completely providing fictitious information for the Hotline section of the form (counselor’s name, I.D#, time and date of your call, whether the report was accepted for investigation or not), using the case study that you choose. Incomplete forms will be returned.
- Click here to complete the online Post Test . You must score at least 80% to pass, Only TWO RETESTS will be permitted, the Child Abuse Program Manager receives the test score electronically. You will not be able to print the test score. Once you have completed the test and received a score, proceed to steps 7 and 8 whether you pass or fail. If you failed the test the third time, you will be required to complete an additional assignment, which will be sent to you upon reviewing your submitted materials(Case Example, Child Abuse Report Form and the Survey), t0 ensure mastery of the material.
- Click here to complete the Evaluation Form.
- Send via PONY or regular MAIL: the completed Case Example Requirement Form, the Child Abuse Report Form(4002B), and the Evaluation Form to:
Make copies of the forms before you submit them, in case they are lost in transit.
When your completed materials are received and you have passed the Post Test (80% or higher), a Letter of Completion will be forwarded to you. Give a copy of this certificate to your administrator for documentation that you have completed the mandated child abuse training. Your administrator will then sign-off on Competency #13 on the Certification Checklist. If you hold a “temporary teaching certificate” and you do not complete training and obtain this sign-off, you may be ineligible for re-hire.
COMPLETION REQUIRED BY MARCH 31, 2017
NO MATERIALS OR POST TESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE
After this date, the test will be closed for the rest of the school year