By special invitation only.
May 11, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Plantation High School Auditorium
6901 NW 16 Street, Plantation, FL 33313
- Elementary school students will be recognized in 5th grade for perfect attendance from K-5.
- Middle school students will be recognized in 8th grade for perfect attendance for grades 6-8.
- High school students will be recognized in 12th grade for perfect attendance from grade 9-12.
- “Best in Class” – High School senior(s) with the best attendance from K-12.
The District Attendance Committee is comprised of teachers, administrators, parents, students, and support professionals from Broward County Public Schools. The committee has developed criteria for this district-wide attendance recognition event. The committee recognizes the highest level of commitment by students and parents for each grade level from over 200 public schools within Broward County. The committee encourages school-based incentives for improved attendance and outstanding attendance.
Criteria for Student Recognition at “Evening Among the Stars”
- Students are continuously enrolled in Broward County Public Schools from K-12 in a non-charter school.
- Attendance is not counted for students who have attended a private school or any other public school outside Broward County. Those years cannot be counted toward this attendance recognition.
- Attendance is not counted or reported during the time the student is enrolled in a Florida Home Education Program. Those years cannot be counted toward attendance this recognition.
- A student who submits satisfactory documentation regarding absences due to the observance of a religious holiday, or because the tenets of that student’s religion forbid secular activity, should not be disqualified from the attendance recognition/awards/incentives at the district level.
- “BEST IN CLASS”: The best attendance for all grades K-12. Considered for seniors only. Best attendance does not necessarily mean perfect attendance.
- Perfect attendance recognition in levels K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Combination schools will be recognized at each level. (Children in a K-8 center will be recognized for attendance in K-5 and 6-8.)
- Data for District eligibility is compiled at the completion of the 3rd marking period for the school year of the recognition (grades 5, 8, and 12).
For exceptions not meeting the listed criteria for “Best in Class,” the District Attendance Committee may consider students on a case-by-case basis. The parent or guardian should contact the Coordinator for District Attendance to initiate a panel review by February 1 of the child’s senior year.
Phillip Shaver, M. Ed., NBCT
Coordinator, District Attendance